Swinehearts Barbecue Shrimp
|Easy||15 Minutes||Serves 2-3||
Here, we added a touch of tomato paste (completely optional), for a little thickening and a little color.
Quick and simple pan-seared shrimp perks up with Swinehearts Chattahoochee Gold Sauce. And you don’t need much—just enough to get a good coating on the shrimp, then add a silky finish with a little butter. Serve as a main dish or appetizer plate.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Swinehearts Chattahoochee Gold Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions and parsley, for garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add the Swinehearts Chattahoochee Gold Sauce, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, 6-7 minutes. Remove sauce from the heat.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, swirling to coat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sear until nearly cooked through, 2-3 minutes total (depending on size), turning once.
- Add the sauce to the pan, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the butter, stirring to incorporate.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with scallions and parsley. Serve right away.